Director, Network Sharing, Managed Services (network and BSS), Strategy, Business Planning
Chris has over 30 years’ international senior management experience in the telecommunications and media sectors. He has worked for CxO clients in more than 20 countries including network operators, equipment vendors and media companies.
His main areas of expertise include: business/technology strategic planning; product/service development and operations; and, network/OSS/BSS performance improvement – particularly through managed services (MS) and network sharing.
Recent project examples include:
- European mobile operator – led a team to develop this operator’s 2G, 3G and 4G technology strategy including network sharing, equipment sourcing and managed services
- European fixed operator – reviewed the operator’s current plans for MS, analysed additional options and recommended changes to the proposed MS agreement.
- European mobile operator – led the analysis of the passive network sharing options for this mobile operator. Working with the client’s legal and financial advisers, developed the bidders’ briefing pack and draft service agreement schedules for sale and lease-back of the tower assets.
- For a 3G and 4G active (MOCN) network sharing deal, provided expert support for the Business Case development and JV Agreement negotiation. Made presentations on behalf of the CxO team to the Board to gain approval for the transaction.
- African mobile operator – worked with the client’s CxO team to negotiate and close an agreement with a leading global MS provider for provision of IT operations and the applications development and maintenance of all legacy BSS.
Chris is often quoted in the industry trade press and participates in a number of global or regional conferences each year as chairman, panel moderator/participant or presenter.
He worked for PA Consulting Group for 18 years including 7 years as Head of the Communications & Media sector practice, based in London. He has also founded and successfully grown two start-up companies: a telecommunications consultancy and a mobile enterprise software company.
Chris has a BSc in Mathematics from Imperial College, London. He lives in Vienna, Austria.