Bart is a telecoms professional with over 20 years management and consulting experience in financial operations, business planning, process engineering and change management. His expertise includes valuation, budgeting and planning, operational accounting, management reporting, treasury operations, risk management and M&A.
Based in the US, Bart has worked with telecoms operators in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East including AT&T, Sprint/Nextel, Virgin Mobile, Rogers Communications, MTN, O2, Zain, Grameenphone and Telenor as well as various venture capital led start-ups.
His work includes:
- Providing business valuations and competitor analysis to international operators in preparation for spectrum auctions. The processes included multiple operating and spectrum scenarios coupled with variable and complex competitor landscapes.
- Developing business plans, investment cases and financial analysis for start-ups as well as ongoing operating businesses ranging from prospective MVNOs to national telecoms operators.
- Designing, developing and implementing budgeting and planning processes. Re-engineering existing processes where needed and working with senior management teams to establish planning tools using best practice guidelines.
- Providing process improvement solutions for accounting, finance and treasury operations. Re-engineering management reporting processes, improving delivery and efficiency by implementing best practices.
- Managing ongoing financial operations including operational accounting, management reporting, budgeting and planning, treasury operations and risk management.
- Providing due diligence and transaction management and support for M&A activities, capital formation (both public and private) and corporate re-organizations.
Bart brings to his clients an in-depth knowledge of the telecom industry coupled with senior management experience and practical hands-on expertise.