Strategy, Marketing, Business Planning, Interim Director
Stefan Zehle is the co-founder and CEO of Coleago. He has 28 years’ experience in telecoms consulting and as Director of a mobile operating company. He specialises in strategy and business planning, spectrum related issues, and regulatory topics. He gained his experience working in developed markets in Europe, Canada and the US and also in emerging markets in the Middle East, Africa, and the Far East.
As Director of Strategy, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs, Stefan launched the third mobile operator in Algeria. He developed the strategy, designed the organisation chart, recruited other Directors and 200 staff, built the Sales and Marketing department, oversaw the development of distribution and the offer, and managed the brand creation. He also successfully challenged the regulatory status quo, transforming the interconnect landscape in Algeria by introducing best practice interconnect agreements for the first time. He filed regulatory complaints, winning million dollar cost savings.
Example consulting projects include:
- Led consulting teams responsible for several spectrum auctions for Rogers in Canada, including PCS (2001), AWS (2008), 700MHz (2013), 2.5GHz and AWS-3 (2014), including LTE deployed and refarming strategy.
- LTE strategy and business plan for 700MHz APT band plan spectrum auction and regulatory advocacy for favourable auction rules for 2degrees, the third mobile operator in New Zealand.
- Led an operational performance review for Zain Saudi Arabia, encompassing analysis of all functional areas and making a series of recommendations to increase EBITDA.
- Developed strategic and regulatory initiatives to defend against new market entry for Tunisie Telecom.
- Review of the marketing strategy and development of marketing initiatives to increase market share, including quick wins, for Ooredoo Algeria.
- Developed a complete business plan to LTE mobile for a Caribbean cable operator.
Stefan is also the co-author of “Guide to Business Planning”, published by “The Economist”, now in its second edition (“Outstanding Academic Title, 2009” awarded by Choice, the US academic reviewers) and is an experienced conference speaker, chairing the Ministerial Programme session at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Stefan holds an MBA (with distinction) awarded by the University of Westminster in 1991 and speaks French, English, and German.