David is a finance professional with over 15 years’ experience in the telecommunications sector. A qualified management accountant with a Masters in Finance degree from the London Business School, he specialises in business modeling, financial forecasting, business analysis and valuation.
David has advised global telecommunications operators on spectrum valuation, bid preparation, M&A, asset valuation and strategy. He has undertaken spectrum valuation assignments in Europe, Asia, South America and the Middle East, developing strategy positions, market forecasts, financial models and valuation assessments in support of operators bidding strategies.
Recent project examples include:
- South American mobile operator – Market assessment, financial modelling, valuation and project management for 700MHz/AWS, 850MHz and 1900MHz spectrum auction
- Asian mobile operator – Market assessment, financial modelling and valuation for 850MHz, 1800MHz and 2.1GHz spectrum auction
- European mobile operator – Market assessment and forecasting for 800MHz, 900MHz and 1800MHz auction
- Asian mobile operator – Financial modelling and valuation for 1800MHz spectrum auction
- African country government development agency – Asset valuation and strategic advice relating to a fiber backbone network
David began his career in telecommunications with PLD Telekom and Metromedia International Group, US holding companies which invested in emerging markets telecoms and media ventures. He was responsible for financial planning, analysis and special projects including acquisitions, disposals and restructuring.